Monday 4 July 2011

Two hearts vs Two minds

I guess it is an expired ideal to presume that people can always get along without friction or couples can live forever in no-squabble land. Occassionally I'm reminded how things work.

I'm not saying I'm proud of it, and whenever I think about the moment when it has gone passed I'm astounded by how stupid the source of the disagreement is. And I attribute the blame to hearts and minds overworking themselves to a fault. If the mind of rationality stops over-analysing and let the heart do whatever it wishes, it'd be less troubled. If the heart stops over-feeling every hurt and pain, it'd withstand the sharp logics from the mind more often. So between people, couple or not, we always remind ourselves that these two sides of ourselves did not exist to be best buddies from the beginning, but they each have a lesson of give and take.

Not saying people should go all noble and be a bean bag for everyone to walk over or punch into, but the realization of how stupid an argument was will eat into your guts like maggots. And believe me, I'm no fan of maggots, or eaten guts.

And I'm also saying I'm not perfect, a little argument here and there to slide me into the right frame of learning from past mistakes and I'm happy to touch and go with that awful moment. Love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment